This course provides an overview Zero Waste Communities. It is the second in the series "Introduction to Zero Waste." Purchase the bundle of all 3 classes for $100, or individually at $59/course. This is a 2-hour live, virtual course.
Learn how communities working to pursue Zero Waste often develop Zero Waste Plans to identify an approach that is embraced by residents, businesses, service providers and other stakeholders in the community.
By the end of this lesson, participants will be able to:
• Identify the 6 key elements of the Zero Waste community planning process
• Describe how residents, businesses, staff, elected officials or nonprofit organizations initiate the development of a Zero Waste Plan for their community
• Examine what services are generally missing from communities that are needed to achieve Zero Waste.
• Identify what a Resource Recovery Park is and where they are developing as a logical extension of current systems and processes for handling waste.
• Describe different types of market development programs that have been adopted by state and local governments to stimulate the development of new markets.
Gary LIss and Portia Sinnott
To purchase the 3-course series, purchase "Introduction to Zero Waste." Access to this course will be included.